Saturday, January 5, 2008

"In the beginning God created."

This is the beginning of a brand new year. As I reflect on it I'm asking in anticipation, "What are you planning to create in 2008?" What formless and empty space will you transform by your word? What darkness will be restrained by your light? Where will the Holy Spirit hover in this new year?

As I stand in readiness to embark on these next 365 days that will unfold systematically before our eyes I ask, "What will you do to create time?"

Day 1: Lord God will you see any light---any good---in the words I speak? Will my words seperate the darkness and establish new seasons? Will I make time, as you did, with the words I speak and the words I write?

Day 2:Will I speak again? After the first victory, when light is restrained, will I speak again? Will I stand and declare a distintively different word? Will there ever be an expanse between the waters to seperate? or will I cower, unwilling to utter the words that seperate the Holy from the vile? Will I change my speech and see the effects that follow?

Thank you, Lord, for showing me your lack of rote phrases. Will my words create a gathering effect? Will they command a following? Will dry ground appear? or will the potential to bring forth seed from the earth be forever submerged, waterlogged and unfit for fruitfulness.

Will I see the good?Will my words produce seed-bearing fruit? Will fruitfulness be a result of the words I chose to speak?As I take a short glimpse into the days ahead I must ask, "Will the creative, life-giving, fruit-producing authority be in the words I release into the atomsphere? Will I see the light? it's effects? its fruit?

1 comment:

Miss T. Crane-Neeham said...

I came. I will come back again.