Tuesday, October 16, 2007

No Water

"There was no water for the people to drink." Ex 17:1 (NIV)

Are you, like the Israelites, in a place with no flow? Looking for a source of inspiration? Pencils sharpened? Ink pen full? But not a drop of creativity anywhere in sight. Are you staring at an empty page? Rummaging through dust-clad folders like a wilderness traveler asking, "Where's the well to draw from?"How did I end up in such a dry place with no motivation?Are you wandering in a desert? Barren of ideas? Looking? Searching? Watching with secret anxiety as hope dwindles, reserves dry up and the question comes, "Am I really called to write?

Ponder this.

"The Israelites pitched their tents in Rephidim (which means resting place) according to the commandment of the Lord." (Ex 17:1 NIV)

He knew they could not see the hidden supply.

Imagine that! God knows when your steps of obedience led you to this place of no water. Expect the Lord to instruct you. His commands are appointments for supernatural supply. Has He called you to write? Then show up at your desk and look to Him. Trust Him in the lack. He knows there's no water. Remind Him, not for His benefit but yours, "I'm here at your command.

Submit to the call. Raise your pen, even as Moses raised his rod. Ask the Lord to tap the rock of His hidden supply. Then write. In the resting place of obedience you will tap into His flow.

Heavenly Father, Release your instructions for me today. Show me how to tap into the rock. I look to you as I lift my pen and write. Cause your thoughts to flow through me onto this empty page. Amen.

No comments: